- 21-Apr-2017 to 22-May-2017 (MST)
- Business Development
- Ogden, UT, USA
- $2,691.80 to $3,678.26
- Full Time
This position is eligible for benefits
Conducts activities aimed at marketing the City of Ogden nationally and globally, with the goal of attracting high impact jobs and capital investment to the region. The candidate will have experience in business recruiting on a national and international basis. As well as working with local industry clusters to establish recruitment opportunities and support the growth of those clusters. The ideal candidate will show the ability to network locally and nationally to support the economic growth of the community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
The position will report directly to the Director of Community and Economic Development and will receive direction and input from the Deputy Director and Business Development Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING STANDARDS
Five years of increasingly responsible community development or redevelopment experience including three years of supervisory and administrative responsibility. Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, marketing, sales management, urban planning, public administration, economics, organizational development or a related field. Possession of or ability to obtain a Utah driver's license. Experience with site selectors is preferred. Those with a Certified Economic Development designation will be given additional consideration.
NIMS REQUIRED TRAINING
Employee will be required to complete NIMS IS100, IS200, ICS300, IS700, IS800, IS701, IS703, and IS775 within six months of hire.
Failure to obtain/maintain license and certificate as outlined above will result in termination from the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates and leads marketing missions to both domestic and international locations. This includes, but is not limited to, attendance at industry-specific trade shows, site selector events, and targeted recruiting trips.
- Coordinates site tours for business prospects, site selectors, and trade missions; and acts as host and facilitator during the visits.
- Communicates relevant information regarding the assets of the region to prospects, site selection consultants and centers of influence, in both formal and informal presentations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Business Development division's marketing strategy.
- Conducts follow-up activities with prospects through telephone calls and email.
- Coordinates and responds promptly to all inquiries by prospects, site selection consultants, real estate brokers and state business development managers.
- Prepares customized marketing packages in response to inquiries.
- Coordinates with the Business Development Manager and CED Director on project-related Requests for Information. Uses proprietary database and state's and city's website to search for sites and buildings that best meet project parameters for prospects. Maintain relationships with real estate brokers and developers active in the area to remain aware of upcoming real estate options.
- Familiar with CRM concept of prospect database management and acknowledges commitment to diligent maintenance of records related to all lead, prospect, or project activities.
- Compiles monthly report of activities on a timely basis.
- Works to establish business expansion with current clients and integrate vertical marketing recruitment with essential suppliers to major industry hub companies.
- Maintains strong relationships and communication with existing businesses in the community, and supports business retention and expansion efforts.
- Travel will be required. Estimated travel time is 8-12 weeks annually.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position. Employee is required to work as a team and frequently meet with co-workers and supervisors; employee is required to communicate in-person with the public during office hours; and employee is required to use on-site equipment.
- Participate in safety and risk management activities; take action to reduce liability to the city.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work professionally in a team setting, or independently.
- Organize one's own time and work load.
- Proficient in word processing and Excel spread sheets.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Ability to comply with all city policies and regulations, including safety and risk management standards.
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Sustained posture in seated position and prolonged periods of typing. Employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Employee is occasionally required to lift and or move up to 20 lbs. Travel from site to site.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK
Successful applicant must pass background check.
MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT
Driving record of successful applicant will be obtained by the HR office.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE POINTS
Veteran's points will be awarded based on State guidelines. Must submit/upload DD-214 to human resources during the interview process in order to be awarded points. This is for initial appointments only.
Successful applicant must submit a copy of above education requirements when requested.
Range 62 - $2,691.80 to $3,678.26 (Bi-weekly Rate) (DOQ). This position is eligible for benefits.
On-line applications will be accepted at www.ogdencity.com until Monday, May 22, 2017. If you do not have access to a computer, you may come to the Ogden City Human Resources office located at 2549 Washington Blvd., Suite 220, Ogden, UT 84401 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
All applications/resumes will be evaluated and ranked on the basis of relevant education and experience as stated therein. Highest ranking applicants may be invited for a personal interview.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
Sign Up For Job Alerts!